- What direction do you feel design is moving towards in general terms?
- What are the key influencing elements at present?
Nature, environmental respect and the true value of craftsmanship, that, I’m afraid will disappear in a few years and we want be able to preserve them. I also believe that the roots behind a product are increasingly more important.
AROUNDtheTREE is one of the main projects, with so much potential to explore, but I also have a passion for Longboard that I will work on again, as soon as I have the time.
- A designer’s work is so diverse – how do you manage to hold down a career and a life?
Well, today with the help of technology, sure it’s easier to manage, but at the end of the day, it all depends on the speed you want to go. If you want to be at the top 10 of a marathon, or if you just want to finish it … For me, with two young daughters, they manage the speed and I just have to speed up, every time they let me.
- Name 5 key essentials for today and beyond Not only in design but in the world in general:
If you could offer one piece of advice when it comes to product design, what would it be?
There is always what we believe and the truth … so my advice is, focus on both, and be wise and patient
- What are your aims and goals for the next years?
Spread the Portuguese design and product quality throughout the world.
- The car you drive?
The car I love to drive every time I can is a FORD TAUNUS 17M from 1964.
Your favourite place to travel to in the world?
The world it self and especially with woods around.
- Your favourite hotel/ restaurant/ bar?
My caravan parked by the river.
- The place that gives you the most energy?
Kitchen cooking for family and friend
-And the place that enables you to totally relax?
Your favourite food and drink?
All food nicely made, and a good red or white wine
- Anything else interesting?